The shower is more than just a place to get clean. It’s a sanctuary; a place to relax, to sing, to think, and to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Whether you are a “quick shower” person or a “soak until all the hot water runs out” person, your shower deserves a little TLC Makeover!
Let’s start with the shower itself. Showers come in many shapes and sizes; part of a bathtub, free-standing, indoor, outdoor, glass door, shower curtain, single showerhead, or multiple showerheads. Regardless of the shape or size of your shower, consider these quick tips:
- The shower is a place with moisture (obviously) which can harbor bacteria and encourage mold growth (not so obvious). It’s always a good idea to clean your shower regularly with a good non-toxic cleaner to avoid that bacteria and mold growth. One great option is this Healthy Home Cleaner. This Healthy Home Cleaning Solution is a non-toxic and effective cleaner that works well on your shower, tub, sinks, tile, etc. and uses the power of Tea Tree Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil in a powerful solution. You can also add additional essential oils that you like to clean your home with for an added boost.
- Another alternative to cleaning the crud from your shower is to mix 1 cup vinegar with 10-15 drops Lemon Essential Oil or Tea Tree Essential Oil and thoroughly clean all surfaces in the shower. Lemon Essential Oil is known to have antibacterial properties and is an effective cleaning agent. Tea Tree Essential Oil is known to have antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties.
- After every shower, spray down the inside and around the showerhead with Resistance Blend Essential Oil Spray. Resistance has been found to have antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-mold properties and can be purifying. Spraying your shower after each use not only makes the shower smell amazing but may reduce the risk of bacterial growth or mold.
- Carefully hang damp towels after use on a towel rack and lightly spritz with Resistance Blend Essential Oil Spray. This will keep your towel fresh until the next use or until it’s time for fresh laundering.
Now that the inside of the shower has had a light makeover, it’s time to look at what is inside your shower! You deserve the best products for the ultimate shower experience!
Here are a few favorites:
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Many shampoos and conditioners on the market contain SLS, Parabens, and other harmful ingredients that may be carcinogenic and toxic to the body.
Experience clean, soft, and healthy hair withOUT the chemicals using these Moisturizing or Everyday Shampoo and Conditioner. What I love most about these is how much a little goes a long way! These bottles will last for months because of the quality and no added fillers – just a few pumps of product!
- Shower Gel: Again, a little bit goes a long way, with lots of rich, luxurious lather! Choose your favorite scent and indulge in a delightful clean experience. These Shower Gels come in popular fragrance selections (that are all Phthalate FREE! – as always) and also essential oil blends to meet the needs of even the most sensitive skins. They also work well for shaving!
- Glycerin Soaps: Prefer a bar soap over a gel or liquid soap? Check out these rich glycerin soaps in a variety of fragrances. My favorite is the Oatmeal Milk and Honey… yummm! For a truly amazing deep clean, try Activated Charcoal Soap with tea tree essential oil!
- Salt Scrub: Don’t forget to include Salt Scrub in your shower! Salt Scrub is amazing in the shower! Use a dollop to exfoliate those elbows, knees, heels, arms, legs, or anywhere else you want smooth, soft skin! Choose your favorite scent and experience the difference!
*PRO TIP: Exfoliate with this salt scrub, rinse thoroughly, then shave with just water! The closest, smoothest shave!
Be sure to follow up your shower with your favorite shea butter scent!
Any questions, feel free to reach out to me at any time!