How often should I wash my face?
Cleanse your face twice a day. First, when you wake up, and second, before you go to bed.
You may wonder why you need to wash your face in the morning when in the evening you’re washing makeup off, but our faces accumulate sweat and oil overnight. It’s just as important to wash your face in the morning as it is at night.
My favorite night cleanser is this Gentle Foaming Wash! Also good for morning, however I love starting my morning with this Activated Charcoal Soap Bar with Tea Tree using a facial brush.
How do I use a polish & why?
A ‘polish’ is a type of exfoliant. It’s a powerful exfoliating product that also cleanses, removing blackheads and reducing breakouts. In addition to cleansing and detoxing your face, the polish will also exfoliate your skin, clearing away dead skin cells.
Cucumber Spa Polish For The Ultimate Full Body & Face Treatment
This Cucumber Spa Polish has walnut shells which have a natural antimicrobial effect to them. Blackheads and breakouts will get a full treatment with weekly use of the spa polish. Go double duty, and use the product all over your body for a body polish after a long day.
Gentle Exfoliant For A Soft, Polished Pampering
Want and need a more gentle exfoliant? Jojoba beads are the answer! This Gentle Exfoliant is perfect for a soft, polished pampering. While the exfoliant is primarily used on the face, you can also use this exfoliant on your hands and cuticles for a soft scrub massage. However you choose to use this product, just add a little water and massage gently for better circulation and to remove dead skin cells.
What are the rules for exfoliating?
It’s recommended to exfoliate once per week. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to use a Gentle Exfoliator. If you exfoliate too often you’ll be doing more harm than good. I know exfoliating feels soooo yummy and good, but save it for that once a week, self-care spa night!
What should my step-by-step skincare routine look like?
1. Cleanse your face twice daily with your gentle cleanser, warm water, and either your clean hands or try a Facial Brush. Work into a lather, taking your time, and then rinse well.
2. Once a week, exfoliate and/or polish after you wash your face. This process will renew the circulation in your face and slough off dead skin cells.
3. Once a week, treat any spots and apply a mask. I recommend using either a Detoxifying Clay Mask, or a Purifying Charcoal Mask. Apply liberally to cleansed skin and leave the mask on for 10 minutes. Mist with toner to keep it moist, if needed.
4. After cleansing, spritz your Toner Mist to tone and hydrate your skin. Allow to air dry.
5. Moisturize daily. Apply moisturizer every single day to keep your skin youthful, soft, and healthy. Depending on your skin choose between: Daily Moisturizer, Red Wine Moisturizer, or Acne Support Moisturizer.
As always, if you have questions, need recommendations, or need help purchasing, please contact me any time.