As much as we wish our skin could be youthful forever, unfortunately, that’s not the way it works. (Darn!)
On the bright side, there are many ways that we can slow down aging in hopes of having that youthful glow long past our early 20’s.
Here are 8 daily habits to start now to prevent premature aging of the skin…
- Wash your face: Washing your face daily is important because it removes the sweat, oils, and makeup from the day. We recommend washing your face with a gentle cleanser like our Gentle Cleanser Foaming Wash twice daily and after sweating heavily. Remember to be gentle when washing because being too rough can irritate your skin and accelerate the aging process.
- Hydrate: Moisturizers help keep hydration locked in for a more youthful appearance, so be sure to include a daily moisturizer in your skincare routine. Hydrating your insides is always a good idea as well. We know it can be difficult but aim to drink 6-8 8oz glasses of water a day.
- Don’t neglect the neck: The skin around your neck is delicate and deserves just as much attention as your face. Remember to wash and moisturize your neck just like you do with your face.
- Protect from the sun: Always wear broad-spectrum sunscreen and a hat when you know you will be spending time in the sun. UV rays are very harmful to the skin. Every time you burn, or even tan, your skin ages, so seek shade when you will be outside for longer periods of time. Also, wear sunglasses to reduce squinting which can cause wrinkles around your eyes. Our Tinted Moisturizer provides a naturally occurring sun protection benefit. (and there are 9 different shades to choose from!)If you still want a gorgeous glow, our Sunless Tanners can do just that so you can avoid the harmful aging effects of the sun.
- Sleep: It’s not called beauty sleep for no reason! For a better night’s sleep, you can avoid the following close to bedtime: big meals, exercising, alcohol, and looking at bright screens. Also, create consistent sleep habits, and try going to bed 15 minutes earlier to build some extra sleep into your week. Your skin will thank you later!Have trouble falling asleep some times? Grab the Sleep Spray – spritz on pillows, sheets, or directly on your skin.
- Be picky: Do you know what’s in the products you are putting on your face? Your skin is irreplaceable, so it’s important to be picky about the products you use. We believe in only providing the best nontoxic and natural products, so that is why we have a Never-Ever List to ensure your skin is always happy and healthy.
- Avoid alcohol: All it takes is one glass of alcohol to dehydrate skin and increase inflammation in the bloodstream, both of which can cause skin damage over time. Instead of that glass of wine, reach for our Red Wine Deep Daily Moisturizer for hydration that quenches your thirst for youthful skin.
- Skincare Serums: Serums are great to add to your skincare routine if you haven’t already! Our Serums are botanically-based and work hard to give you the best results using natural ingredients.Here is a breakdown of the benefits of each Jordan Essentials Skin Serum.
- Time Rewind Eye Gel: This serum is made for those delicate skin layers around our eyes but can be used anywhere! The cooling gel feels great and should be applied with a light touch.
- Tone & Firm Serum: This serum is light and smells like grapefruit! It contains peptides that work hard to repair the skin’s structure in just one to two pumps daily.
- Age-Defying Serum: This serum works to balance the pH in our skin to keep it bouncy. It is perfect to use before applying makeup, and it will leave your skin feeling soft and dewy. SAVE when you purchase the three serums at once.
It’s never too late to start practicing these habits on a daily basis! Although you won’t see changes overnight, with continued consistency and commitment, your skin will keep that beautiful youthful glow for years to come!