Highlighting and contouring have been the biggest rave for beauty fanatics around the world!
The makeup world has known this method for a long time, but it wasn’t popular until celebs began to share their beauty tips via social media.
Here you will learn how to highlight and contour to achieve the flawless look in just a few simple steps 🙂
Suggestions to get you started…
- Foundation (this one comes in 9 shades to match any skin tone!)
- Foundation Brush
- Darker Contour Shade
- Contour Brush
- Lighter Highlight Shade
- Highlight Brush
- Blush in a color like peach and light pink
Good brushes that are cruelty free, long lasting and hypoallergenic (like the ones linked above) are an excellent investment!
WATCH MY VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE >>> Click Here
You can use this easy guide as to where you will highlight (the white dots) and contour (the dark dots) while following the below four easy steps.
1) Start by applying foundation (< my favorite foundation, with 9 color options!) all over you face.
2) Now time for the darker contour shade – I really like to use this Bronzed Powder for a perfect glow. Make a fishy face by sucking your cheeks to see the hollows. Sweep darker shade
from the middle of your hairline trace alongside the face. It should end underneath the jawline. For this, experts suggest using a brush such as this blush brush.
A circular placement on the edge of your forehead right above your temples. Run the mineral darker shade down the sides of the nose for more slimming effect.
3) Now apply the lighter shade, like this EyeFix Highlighter (which also comes in Beige for those with darker skin) to the highlighted spots such as brow bone, the center of the forehead, down the center of the nose, apples of cheeks, under the cheekbones and cupids’ chin and bow. Just think where the light would hit on your face. We also recommend this concealer brush for this step.
4) Using your make-up brush, blend, blend and blend!
Brush gently to blend the contour shade to your highlight. Make sure you keep the darker shade in place. Placement is very important while contouring the face structure because that is how the illusion of jawlines and sharp cheekbones are created.
Make it as effortless as you can. If not able to get it right, no worries, you can always get back to using a sponge.
Use your favorite blush to add of pop color to your cheekbones. Softer colors look more natural and complement the contouring as well. Colors like peach and light pink are perfect.
HERE ARE A FEW TOP TIPS….
DO NOT use the circular motion while applying bronzer to your cheeks as this can lead to the appearance of dark circles under your eyes.
Gently sweep the contour brush in a back & forth motion.
Keep away from your eyes or else it will give the illusion of small eyes.
Don’t apply too many products like concealer, foundation or powder because you do not want it to look too thick. Take a step at a time and stop when you like the results
Contouring takes practice so grab your brushes and get busy!
Contact me with any questions!